BUT the HeartBakes menu is healthier than your other mass based options, mainly because of the following reasons:
- All items are baked fresh to order: so none of the cakes or cookies that you have ordered has been stored in freezer for months and flash baked before delivery (!).
- Every item is baked from scratch. So no pre-mixes are used (there are dearth of them in the market today)! The magic of seeing humble ingredients such as flour, eggs and butter transform into a delicious, moist pound cake gives me the high every time. I don’t really trust what goes into any other unnatural form.
- All ingredients are bought fresh & local, including eggs which are farm fresh.
- We do not use margarine until and unless the recipe specifically calls for it. The butter versus margarine tussle is age old and I rather choose a natural form of fat (butter) than something that has been produced artificially in a laboratory though economical (margarine).
- Whereas flour is one of the most basic ingredients in baking, I often use almond flour in some of my recipes (again, I make my own) which is a healthier, but more expensive gluten free substitute.
- Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene: that’s a given in HeartBakes’ kitchen
2015 is going to be a special year for me, an extension of the beautiful journey which began in 2014 called HeartBakes. And thank YOU for being part of this incredible ride!
HeartBakes wishes you a phenomenal 2015!